Doll #2: Alex

 My second ever doll I got was Alex, a Just Like You (Truly Me) 22. I vividly remember being on the way home from going to see Cars in the movie theater and looking at an AG catalogue. I remember looking at the Just Like You page and seeing the new outfits and how the newest doll (#27) had pierced ears and layered hair, and trying to decide if I wanted her or 22.

I was drawn to Alex because of her platinum blonde, flippy hair and her light blue eyes. So that year I asked for her for Christmas and the rest is history. 22 is a very understated doll but one that I've always had a soft spot for. 

A random fun fact about Alex is that her original name was Hilary after Hilary Duff. I was obsessed with the Lizzie McGuire movie and all things Hilary Duff. Eventually she became Alexandria after the city in Egypt, and Alex for short. For a very brief time in 2010 her name was Nemo (no clue why) before it went back to Alex, and it's stayed that way ever since. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doll #1: Marisol

Doll #4: Dani